Sunday, December 18, 2011

#Reverb11: Teach

"What lesson or advice were you able to pass on to others this year? Why was it important to share this information? (Or… what lesson would you like to pass on to others that read this?)"

This prompt came from Christy @ macswain.tumblr.com (Via Weverb11.com)

You know, I think I took more advice this year than I passed on!! Generally, I have many friends come to me for advice, and I seldom go to others for advice on my own issues. But this was a particularly difficult year, and I really relied on the help of my friends.

I guess the best lesson I am able to pass on this year, is do NOT accept roommates without a concrete roommate contract set up IN ADDITION to the contract with the landlord. Had I learned that earlier on, I wouldn't have been screwed over multiple times in the last couple years. I was a stepping stone for people the last couple years, who used me and my kindness to walk all over me and advance their own lives and financial status, while throwing mine in the hole. NEVER again!!! I don't care how close of friends I am with someone, I just have to stick to my guns and worry about MY life, and can't let myself get walked on anymore. I'm still the extremely helpful and kind person I was before, but now I have boundaries, and I make sure they are known up front!

Continue with me on this journey!! Check out my earlier post with links to other #Reverb / #WEverb projects, and join the adventure!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!