Friday, December 16, 2011

#Reverb11: Passion

"What did you become/continue to be sincerely passionate about in 2011? When you are in the moment doing something you love what does look + feel like?"

This prompt came from Megan @ EverlastingPresent.com

Baking! Cakes, Cookies, Cookie pops, Cupcakes, candy treats!! You name it, I love it!!! It started 2 summers ago when my best friend Mia told me about taking a cake class at Michael's. I love to make cakes, so I decided to try a class! I wound up taking 3!! It was so much fun! Mia and I talk about different cake ideas we have and different items we want to grow our kitchens. I've made cakes for birthdays, for work, for random events! And everything I try gets better and better. I'm no master Baker - The things I make aren't things you would find on shows like "The Next Great Baker" or "Cake Boss", but they are perfect for my friends, my family, and the people around me that just want fun, simple, inexpensive treats for their events!

When I'm in my kitchen, baking one of my crazy concoctions, I feel so at ease. Nothing bothers me, everything is mellow. No matter how stressful it can get in the kitchen (wrong ingredients, mixer not working, slightly burnt cake), I still enjoy every bit of it! a dilapidated cookie pop falling to pieces bums me out, but all the successful ones I make after that make me feel so much better! And when people eat one of my creations, the look on their faces is amazing! I love being able to bring joy and goodies to other peoples lives.

Baking has brought Mia and I even closer than we already were. I've mentioned it before, but we've started our own Bakery-ish type website/Company: H&M's Magical Creations! 
In 2012, I really want to expand with our little company. And by expand, I don't mean jump into a location and start baking away. I mean finding out which recipes we like and want to use consistently. Experimenting with frosting and what we want to have on our menu. Playing with new dessert ideas like Cake Pops, Cookie Pops, and Cupcake Truffles. And mostly, just expanding the items I have in my kitchen to allow me to make Delicious creations for people. It would be nice to one day have our own little bakery, but for now, I like keeping it the small intimate creation that it is!

Continue with me on this journey!! Check out my earlier post with links to other #Reverb / #WEverb projects, and join the adventure!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!