Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#Reverb11: Breathe

"How did you make space + peace for yourself in 2011?"

This prompt came from Megan @ EverlastingPresent.com (Via Weverb11.com)

This year I tried something I have never tried before: Hot Yoga! First off, I've never really done yoga. Sure, I own a DVD, and yeah, I've played that DVD - but generally I would get a few minutes into it and give up!!! i'm still too overweight to really balance on one leg and tip myself over without falling face first because i'm too top heavy!! Second, Hot yoga? Its in a room that's 105 degrees! I enjoy heat, but that is just toooooo damn hot!

Nonetheless, the Yoga place across from my work had a special: 10 classes for $10 that had to be used in 30 days. Word got around to all of us ladies, who were all trying different ways to get/stay in shape. Before we knew it, there was a posse of 6 of us girls from work all signing up to do Hot Yoga!! We all went together the first day and boy was it an adventure! My boss and I both had an agreement that if we could last 15 minutes, we could make it the whole 60 minutes!  And we made it! Granted, I had to sit down after about 40 minutes, and wasn't very good with any of my poses, but I made it the whole hour.

Outside of the whole Yoga/Mediation poses bit, I really did just enjoy the heat. Laying on my mat, deep breaths, focusing on just me and my own energy - it was amazing, peaceful, and ALL MINE! I sweat like crazy, kept myself hydrated from my water bottles, and just let all the negative inside of me melt away in the heat.

In the end, I went to about 7 of the 10 classes in the 30 days. I got slightly better with the poses - once made it the whole hour doing all poses! But a few days, I just allowed myself to relax, do the poses I felt comfortable with, and just sit out the rest of the time, letting the heat eat away the toxins and the negative inside me!

I loved coming home happy, peaceful, with a clearer mind! Its extremely expensive to keep going, but I think I might start going once a week when the new year starts. If not that, then I need to start sitting in the sauna at my gym more often!! :)

Continue with me on this journey!! Check out my earlier post with links to other #Reverb / #WEverb projects, and join the adventure!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!