Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#Reverb11: Food

"What did you eat this year that stayed with you? Did you experiment with a new meal? Try a new restaurant? Reflect on your good (or less desirable) eats with detail and explain why it stayed with you!"

This prompt is courtesy of Megan Collier at Everlasting Present

This year has definitely been a food year for me! When I began to focus on my health and my weight, the first thing that had to change was my eating habits! I cut out fast food and started cooking my own meals. It was definitely a fun time creating new adventurous meals! Pita Pizzas, Pesto Pasta with Onions, Mushrooms and Arugula  Ginger burgers with Goat Cheese - some successes, some fails! Its been an adventurous year creating new foods to add to my home menu!

I did hit a few great restaurants this year. I think the best restaurant I went to all year was one I went to last weekend! To celebrate my best friend Mia's 25th birthday, I treated her to a wonderful French adventure around Seattle. We went to a french souvenir-ish shop, a cute patisserie, and this most amazing place called Voila: A French Bistrot. They had this glorious Bistro burger that you can customize with various extras. The Wild Mushrooms were simply amazing! and the Frites, they were flavored with some sort of herb that made them delicious! It is definitely a restaurant I want to go to again and enjoy a nice evening dinner and a glass of wine! Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful food, definitely a place to visit again.

Continue with me on this journey!! Check out my earlier post with links to other #Reverb / #WEverb projects, and join the adventure!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!