Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#Reverb11 is HERE!!

Tomorrow, December 1st, begins another year of #Reverb. Last year I participated in #Reverb10 and loved it. It gave me a chance to really focus on writing and reflecting on the previous year. I had every intention of continuing that momentum into 2011, however things the got away from me.

As we got closer to December, I waited anxiously for news about the new round for #Reverb. And then it came. Yesterday I received an email from creator of #Reverb, Gwen Bell, stating that she would not be hosting #Reverb this year. After providing a brief history about the beginnings of #Reverb, and an update on where she is at currently, she provided the base for people to create/host their own #Reverb.
How to Host Your Own Reverb
1. Write 31 prompts for the month of December
2. Post those prompts to your blog starting December 1
3. Invite other people to join you
4. Let other members of the project see/friend/read one another
5. Publish on the topic each day. Post the link and use a hash tag to group them all
6. Support one another through sharing, and commenting on, one another’s writing.
While it was awesome to receive the steps to create my own #Reverb, I'm just not that creative in making my own writing prompts, especially on super short notice. I do much better at responding to other peoples prompts!! I wasn't the only one upset about the change up for this year either. The internet today was buzzing about the change up!! After much searching and investigating, I'm happy to announce that I've already found numerous people holding their own #Reverbs this year! Below are just a small handful of the sites I found:
Kaileen Elise (Co-Creator of #Reverb10) - Let's Reverb 2011
Kimberly Michelle (with a new spin on #Reverb10) - #WEverb11
Megan (From Everlasting Present) - #Reverb11 | Making It Happen
Geekin' Hard (for a list of #Reverb sites and email Opt-ins) - A list of lists!
While at first I was bummed out, now I'm excited to #Reverb! I've gone ahead and subscribed to multiple mailing lists! I'm interested in seeing what various prompts people have come up with for this year and will be mixing up which prompts I will use from day to day! It is going to be an exciting adventure for the next month, and I hope to continue the amazing right into the New Year!

I can't wait to get started in the morning!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!