Tuesday, December 27, 2011

#Reverb11: Spend

"Where did your money go this year? Where do you want it to go in 2012?"

My money went all over the place!! I use Mint.com and my desktop Quicken to track my money and my spending. I try to start every year saying that I will make the financial improvements that I need to so that I can progress forward and live a fuller life. That doesn't mean more STUFF, but more along the lines of doing things that better me as a person, that enrich my life, and that heal my soul. And every year I wind up in a ClusterF*%$ of ugly and no way to get out.

I've change that though. In November, just before Thanksgiving, I started the process to file for Bankruptcy. I will be turning in the final paperwork this week, the last week of December. My bankruptcy will be complete in the first quarter of 2012, and will allow me to make sure all my financial ducks are in a row.

in 2012 - I want to go on vacation to New York in May, after my friend's wedding in Philly. I want to find a nice rental house and move in July when our lease is up. I want to start saving to buy a car of my own (which I haven't had in over 15 months!) I want to buy a whole new wardrobe when I finally lose all this weight (which is coming off nicely!) I want to enjoy the year without worrying if I am going to be late on rent, miss a student loan payment, delay my power bill, or have to eat rice for a week because I can't go grocery shopping. I've spent a good chunk of this last quarter in 2011 making sure that I am fully prepared to take on 2012 with both fists raised! I'm ready to take on the world!! I'm not going down without a serious fight!

Continue with me on this journey!! Check out my earlier post with links to other #Reverb / #WEverb projects, and join the adventure!

Peace and Good JuJu to You,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed that 2012 is a good year for you financially!

    ReplyDelete

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!