Wednesday, March 28, 2012

30 Day Fitspo Challenge - Day 23

How do you feel about the terms pro-ana/pro-mia? 
When I hear these terms, I am disgusted. The media has made such a spectacle about weight and it promotes extreme unhealthiness among women, particularly younger girls. The more I see these young girls refusing food, starving themselves to lose a few pounds, complaining about their "fat rolls" that don't exist - I feel terrible inside. I look at my cousins and how pressured they are by society to look and feel and be this size 0 view of "perfection". It terrifies me that my baby sister will get sucked into this tornado of sickness and try to meet the unrealistic expectations set forth by people of my generation. I know my own weight issues don't' help, but I do my best to be a great role model for my sister and remind her constantly that she is beautiful the way she is and that what is on TV isn't always "reality"!

Peace and Good JuJu,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!