Wednesday, March 21, 2012

30 Day Fitspo Challenge - Day 16

When did you first decide to lose weight?
I've been "trying" to lose weight for ages and something always gets in my way. But when I finally caved and told myself there was no turning back was at the end of July 2011. I went to the doctor and had my regular physical with a new doctor. for the last few years, every doc I'd seen had said "you could stand to lose a few pounds, but you are completely healthy - see you next year". But this doctor was different. She did tell me that all my lab tests and that came back as me being a completely healthy 27 year old. But I was 27 years old and I weighed nearly 280lbs. She told me that was NOT healthy and we needed to do something now. 

I always knew I was overweight and needed to do something, but since my doctor kept saying I was healthy, I sorta just tuned it out. I would try, and if I didn't' succeed, it was okay because the doctor said I was still healthy. This new doctor, she didn't like that at all and told me I needed to start making changes right away or I was going to be severely UNHEALTHY!

Starting August 1st, 2011 - I really paid attention to what I ate and the exercising I did. In the last few months of the year, I managed to lose over 30 lbs. I've since hit a wall and am trying to change up my foods and exercise to see if I can get over this small bump, but for the first time in my life, I am actually CONFIDENT that I can keep losing the weight.

Peace and Good JuJu,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!