Thursday, December 6, 2012

#Reverb12 - Learning

Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?

The "me" from the beginning of 2012 had hit a weight loss wall and was struggling to get back on track. She was extremely broke and stressing about finances every waking moment. She was handling a huge project at work and feeling like she was drowning in work and no one was listening to her. She was contemplating her future and her options to go back to school. She was rethinking how she handled her relationships (famiily, friends, significant other). The "me" from the beginning of 2012 felt like a stepping stone for everyone else's successes. She was breaking through a major barrier and still had so much to tear down before feeling like a whole person again. She was talking small steps backwards to reevaluate everything and wanted to take a slower approach at life.

And now? At the end of 2012, what have I learned or discovered?

I'm a rockstar, that's what I am! I still have some barriers to break down, but I am steam rolling things down left and right now. Instead of taking steps back, I pushed full steam ahead. I handled my financial situation like a champ and am making things much smoother for me to handle. Still some work to do in 2013,however I finally feel confident that I am making smarter financial decisions that will lead to great things in the future. I'm still drowning in work, but I've stopped being the stepping stone. I'm standing up for myself and taking names! I am an overachiever at work and I'm finally making sure people are aware that it was ME who did the awesome work that made a client happy or made a project a huge success. I'm not letting anyone push me over anymore and it feels great. I feel more confident in the workplace, with clients, with management. After spending most of the year weight my options, I started back at school to finish my Bachelor's degree. I'm hoping to learn some new skills to use at work, but also finally have a degree to support the vast knowledge and long list of skills I already have. 

I thought 2012 was going to be a rough year. I wasn't looking forward to the billions of things that I knew I would struggle with throughout the year. I just wanted to hide in a whole. But now, I can look back at this year and say WOW! I did a LOT! I went to Vegas, I went to Philly, I got engaged, I GOT MARRIED, I moved, I advanced my career, I got a new puppy (to keep the other puppy company), I finally got a car (after 2 years of not driving!). And all of this I did because of my Caveman. Talk about a husband who is consistently supportive and provides encouragement and constructive criticism that keeps me going daily! I don't think I would have accomplished so much had he not been there to endure it all with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!