Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#Reverb12 - Dream Destination

What was your dream destination in 2012 and why? 
My dream destination this year was New York. 

At the beginning of this year, the only thing Caveman and I were planning was moving in the summer and a trip to Philly for a friends wedding at the end of May. We got really excited about how our finances were looking and the prospect that we would be able to extend our Philly trip and get 3-4 days in New York City. It is a place that we both badly want to visit and were so excited to go! And then.... we didn't go!

Right as the New Year started, a good friend of mine called and said she was getting married and I was to be in the wedding! Oh boy was I thrilled! This girl and I are very similar and have very few female close friends, so I was totally honored and couldn't believe it. And then she said that they were doing a destination wedding in Vegas, but with real dresses and tuxes (no shotgun/drive thru style)! That made me even more excited because I have never been to Vegas. And then the date.... April..... THIS YEAR!

There went our New York plans. Our extra money went towards our trip to Vegas. And I loved EVERY MINUTE of it!! Well, except the part where we walked for miles and my feet got blisters! It was lots of fun to spend a whole weekend with some great friends, experience a new city and watch two amazing people get married! Wouldn't have traded it for the world! 

Just means we will have to save New York for another year! Perhaps 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!