Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reverb10: Moment

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

March 26th, 2010. Standing in a warm room with the sun gleaming through the windows, wearing clothing designed for colder weather, while sheathed in a black robe and cap, I prepared to embark on the greatest accomplishment of my life.
Trying to withstand the Itchy fabric, the overcrowded lobby, and the sweaty guys, family, friends, and acquaintances all huddled together to gain entrance to the auditorium. but first, pictures! first picture was inside, individually. standing in all black against a grey background, i became a washed out face in a dark landscape! next, group photos. we all piled together by height, which of course meant I would be up front. not only was I one of the shortest in the whole group, but also the only girl. after our photo was done, other groups lined up for theirs. we were impatient and starting to get cranky. tired, hungry, some of us hungover, and standing in itchy robes in this crazy spring heat was not our idea of spending a saturday afternoon. Just aqs we all thought it was time to begin, a HUGE group photo must be done, only this time, outside, in the heat, dressed in all black!

as soon as the group photo was finally finished, we all migrated inside, lined up by department and name, and prepared to enter the auditorium. As we walked on the stage and took our seats, it all kicked in. 8 years of hard work, of sweat and tears, tests, homework, struggles, all nighters, and meeting the most unique people ever, had finally culmiated in this one event. Graduation!
I smiled from ear to ear the whole time I was on that stage. I heard students talk about the good times and the bad times. I heard my buddies behind me joking about the fun times, and the rowdy times! But when my name was called, and I stood up in front of all those people, many of whom I didn't know, I accepted my degree with pride and excitement!! I had never felt more alive than I did at that moment when my teacher told said "Congratulations" and handed me the most important piece of paper I currently own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!