Friday, June 22, 2012

Warning: Yoga is DANGEROUS!

I would like to tell a story about my exercise session from Monday!

First off, I'm doing a lot better with my eating habits! I know that if I can just conquer my eating habits, I'll be on a better path towards a healthier me. If only I could just keep going with the exercise part, I would be much better off!

Now, onto my Monday story. I own the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 game for the Xbox Kinect. I have used it a number of times, but never consistently. I know, I'm bad, but I'm getting better! So, I decided to start small and do a mix of routines for 20 minutes, 3 times a week. I know its something that I can commit to and start with. Eventually I hope to build up to more time, and maybe 5 times a week.

The main thing I love about the game is the wide variety of different programs and exercises you can do. There are activities set up for specific body parts, for toning, cardio, dance type classes. and even yoga. With all stress I've been under lately, I decided to try the yoga part.

I've done yoga before. My experience isn't broad by any means, but I've done a few yoga DVDs in the comfort of my home and also tried Hot Yoga (which I loved by the way!). So, I figured doing Yoga with the Your Shape game would be a nice mix up and could possibly help alleviate some stress. I love how the game plays calming music as you are doing the yoga poses. I started with some breathing exercises. Then moved into some light poses. Everything was going great. Until I started moving into a Warrior III pose.

Warrior III is a pose I've done a handful of times, but never inside of my cramped spare room. So there I am. Doing a light squat, stretching out my arms, reaching forward and beginning to pull my left leg up. Once I have my leg up, I begin to stretch my leg behind me and balance on my right leg.... only instead of balancing, I stretched my leg back a LITTLE too forcefully and slammed my foot right into the closet door. And I don't mean lightly. Let me tell you, I fell face first on the ground! Immediately followed by hysterical laughter! I realized then that I was standing way too close to the closet doors. 4 days later and my leg STILL hurts.

After telling my friends and coworkers about why I was limping, everyone just laughed. The most common response I got was "You know, yoga is supposed to be a peaceful exercise!" This I know, but now I know just how dangerous it can be too! HEHE!

Okay, cheesy story, I know, but its all I could think of right now! Its been a crazy busy and stressful week. I'm just trying to keep up my light workouts and keep sticking with my eating habits. Before long they will just be second nature and that's when the real fun begins!

Peace and Good JuJu,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!