Sunday, June 17, 2012

Angel Hair pasta with Pesto, Mushrooms and Arugula

This meal is delicious and super filling. The recipe calls for only 1 cup per serving, and it is definitely enough! I made this meal during the week and it is super delicious and Pre-Hubby loved it! Finding healthy things that he will eat makes me so happy! I will apologize now for not having a slideshow showing the whole process. My camera cord is broken, so I wasn't able to download my pics. I will make sure to add a photo as soon as I get the camera cord fixed!
Ingredients:
1 tsp. Kosher salt
8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
1 TB extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup Pesto
3 cups Arugula
Freshly shaved parmesan cheese

First, fill large pot 2/3 full with water, add salt, and place over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, add pasta, and cook per package directions. Once fully cooked, drain the pasta and put off to the side.

Next, Heat a large skillet on high. After the pan is heated, spray with a bit of olive oil cooking spray and add onion. Cook for 4 minutes until onion is soft. Then, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid released from mushrooms has evaporated. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the arugula to the mushroom mixture. I like to put a lid over the top to help wilt the arugula a bit faster. Wilted is fine for this meal.

With the veggies done cooking, toss the pasta into a large bowl and add the pesto. Make sure to mix it all together well. All that's left to do now is serve up pasta on a large serving dish or on individual plates and top with Arugula and mushroom mix and some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese 

It was so easy and quick to make and tasted so good! I even had left overs to bring for lunch so I can make everyone at work jealous :)

Let me know if you try this recipe yourself and if you enjoy it!

Peace and Good JuJu,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!