Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tonga Toast from Kona Cafe - Guest Post

Last week while I was on vacation, I had wanted to have a guest spot for Savory Sunday. The only problem was I wasn't anywhere near a computer to get the information and post it up! Have no fear, because I am posting it today! The guest blogger is a wonderful person! I guess I have to say that, since she is my best friend! Mia (www.bibbidibobbidibake.com) has provided us a recipe from a challenge she is doing. I have asked her to give a brief intro to the challenge and all the recipe goodness! So, without further ado, TONGA TOAST!
***

Hello everyone, I am Mia. Two of the women from the MAGIC 24.7 Radio Crew and myself are part of a project that is reminiscent of the Julie Powell experience of making one Julia Child's recipe a day for a year. As the three of us (myself, Ashley from www.acupofdisney.com/@ACupofDisney, and Krystal from www.magicaldismom.com/@MagicalDisMom) are Disney fanatics, we have decided to take on this challenge with a twist: One full year of daily Disney inspired recipes!. The ‘365 In Home Disney Dining Challenge’ will showcase these Disney recipes with a difficulty key, and detailed instructions/images. Our challenge began on March 26, 2012 and we are now 50 recipes in and loving it! Below is one of the first challenge recipes I tried, Tonga Toast from the Kona Cafe! 

Ingredients:
2 or 4 slices sourdough bread
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Oil or shortening for frying
Whipped butter and/or syrup
(this recipe is rated Easy)

To start, cut bananas in half cross wise, and then lengthwise. Then, take sourdough bread and cut into 1-1/2 inches thick. Take the bananas and insert into the bread pocket.

Now, it is time to mix the egg, milk, and vanilla together and dip the bread. Make sure to completely cover both sides of the bread.After the bread has been soaked, transfer the pieces to a pan full of oil (should be about 4 inches full) that has been heated to 350 degrees. Fry bread on each side until lightly browned (approximately 3 minutes per side)


Once the toast is completely cooked, start mixing the sugar/cinnamon topping and generously sprinkle on top. Then, either top with butter or syrup and enjoy!


***
I hope you all enjoyed the guest post today! Be sure to check out some more recipes from the 365 In Home Disney Dining Challenge. Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe yourself and what you think of it!

Peace and Good JuJu,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is a happier place when you leave a little love! So share something you liked, or disliked, about this post!